* New Suicide and Crisis Number- 988
Dialing 988 will now connect anyone experiencing mental health related distress, thoughts of suicide, mental health or substance use crisis to a trained crisis counselor.
Review More here: Crisis Information and download the attachments, found in the documents to download area below, to read more.
* Grant opportunity - The Richard West Assistive Technology Advocacy Center (in partnership with NJCDD) is providing technology devices/tools to individuals.
Eligibility: Adults (21 and older) with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) enrolled with the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities Community Care Program or Supports Program. Only individuals with I/DD or their parent/spouse/guardian may apply. This application is not open to provider agencies; however, an agency may assist the individual in applying.
Some examples: • Handheld electronic device (Android Tablet/iPad/Smartphone): Reimbursed up to $350.00
• Computer device (Chromebook/Laptop/Desktop Computer): Reimbursed up to $500.00
Apply Here: Apply
* Stephen Komnino's Law- The New Jersey Stephen Komnino's Law, which reinforces the commitment to keeping adults with developmental disabilities, safe, healthy and protected from harm, has resources available to families or individuals in need.
Stephen Komnino's Law Info
* DS & A is hosting a Webinar- Understanding the DDD Budget and Available Services on August 25, 2022, 7:30pm.
Please Share and Register Here: Register