Hello Division Constituents and Community Partners,
As you may be aware, the Department of Human Services’ Division of Developmental Disabilities released day program re-opening requirements on March 15, 2021.
The Division understands that some participants and families are eager for more programs to re-open as soon as possible. In response to such feedback from individuals, families and guardians, and in continuous consultation with the New Jersey Department of Health, today the Division is releasing updated Congregate Day Program Re-Opening Requirements. The newly updated requirements allow providers to elect to open and operate congregate day programs at limited capacity, regardless of the current CALI designation.
- Day programs are congregate facilities serving individuals with varying levels of risk for developing complications following the contraction of COVID-19. An individual’s risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 is higher if they have not been vaccinated, if the individual is not able to adhere to distancing and masking guidelines, and when COVID-19 activity is higher in their region.
- While all day programs may re-open, capacity is tied to the COVID-19 Activity Level Index (CALI) for the region in which the program is located.
- Operating capacity based on CALI designation is as follows: 25% in Very High (Red); 50% in High (Orange); 50% in Moderate (Yellow); and full capacity in Low (Green).
- Day programs will generally need two weeks to coordinate re-opening but may re-open earlier if they are able to come into compliance with the Congregate Day Program Re-Opening Requirements.
- While vaccination continues not to be required for attendance, all eligible individuals are encouraged to be vaccinated.
- State supplemental payments for congregate day providers are continuing.
The Division’s next COVID-19 update webinar is scheduled for Thursday, April 29 at 10:30 a.m., where this and other information will be shared. If you have not already done so, you may use the link below to register.
Register Now for April 29 COVID-19 Update Webinar
New Jersey Department of Human Services
Division of Developmental Disabilities